Most people who develop nose bleeding can handle the problem without the need of a treatment by a health-care professional if they follow the step-by-step first aid recommendations below on how to stop a nosebleed: Dorris Wedding high low style dresses for bridesmaid
1. Lean forward slightly with the head tilted forward. Leaning back or tilting the head back allows the blood to run back into the sinuses and throat, and can cause gagging or inhaling of blood.
2. Spit out any blood that may collect in your mouth and throat. It ma ... y cause nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea if swallowed.
3. Gently, blow any blood clots out of your nose. The nosebleed may worsen slightly when you do this but this is expected.
4. Pinch all the soft parts of the nose together between the thumb and index finger.
5. Press firmly toward the face - compressing the pinched parts of the nose against the bones of the face. Breathe through your mouth as you do this.
6. Hold the nose for at least five minutes. Repeat as necessary until the nose has stopped bleeding.
7. Sit quietly, keeping the head higher than the level of the heart. Do not lay flat or put your head between your legs.
8. Apply ice (wrapped in a towel) to nose and cheeks afterwards.